2022 ENDORSEMENT SCHEDULE and PROCESS
GENERAL ELECTION on November 8, 2022
Ventura City Council - Click here to download
Ventura County Board of Education - Click here to download
Ventura County Community College District - Click here to download
Ventura Unified School District - Click here to download
PAY $25 ENDORSEMENT ADMINISTRATIVE FEE BY JUNE 29, 2022:
Click here to pay the $25 endorsement administrative fee. Candidates who pay the fee after the deadline will not be considered for endorsement.
CANDIDATES' RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS ARE DUE JUNE 29, 2022 BY 5 PM.
Candidates who submit responses to questionnaires after the deadline will not be considered for endorsement.
SUBMIT RESPONSES TO QUESTIONNAIRES TO:
Ventura Club Endorsement Committee Chair Janis Nelson electronically to Janis.Nelson76@yahoo.com. She will confirm receipt of your questionnaire within hours of you sending it. If you do not get confirmation within 4 hours, please re-send the email and make sure you puta period between her first and Last name in the e-mail address.
THE DEMOCRATIC CLUB OF VENTURA WILL VOTE TO ENDORSE ON SUNDAY, AUGUST 14, 2022.
Meeting Location: TBD depending on the status of COVID-19 protocols. The Club's agenda, including the recommended endorsements, will be available 72 hours prior to the meeting. If you are a candidate and did not receive an email from the Democratic Club of Ventura with the Zoom information, please contact Endorsement Committee Chair Janis Nelson at Janis.Nelson76@yahoo.com to get it so you can join the meeting.
NOTE: To receive the Club's endorsement, approval of 60% of the Club members present at the meeting and voting is required.
NOVEMBER 2022 GENERAL ELECTION OFFICES UP FOR ELECTION AND ENDORSEMENT:
1) Ventura City Council x 4 - Districts 1, 4, 5, 6 (Sofia Rubacalva, Jeannette Sanchez, Jim Friedman, Lorrie Brown)
2) Ventura County Board of Education x 4 - Areas 1, 2, 4, 7 (Rachel Ulrich, Michael Teasdale, Rob Collins, Donald Cowan)
3) Ventura County Community College District x 3 - Areas 1, 4, 5 (Joshua Chancer, Dianne Badad McKay, Gabriela Torres)
4) Ventura Unified School District x 3 - Areas 1, 4, 5 (Velma Lomax, Jerry Dannenberg, Matthew Almaraz)
5) State Superintendent of Public Instruction (Tony Thurmond)
6) County Superintendent of Schools (Cesar Morales)
7) Chief Justice of California Supreme Court (Tani Cantil-Sakauye)
8) Court of Appeal District 2 x 5 (12-year terms)
9) Associate Justice of the California Supreme Court x 2 (Goodwin Liv, Ming William Chin)
GENERAL 2022 ENDORSEMENT SCHEDULE:
June 10, 2022 - Questionnaires will be published on this web site
June 29, 2022 - Responses to questionnaires and $25 endorsement fee are due
August 14, 2022 - Club votes to endorse candidates
November 8, 2022 - Election Day
Contact Ventura Club's Endorsement Committee Chair Janis Nelson at Janis.Nelson76@yahoo.com
Ventura Club's Endorsement Committee Members:
Janis Nelson, Chair
Martel Fraser, Vice Chair