GENERAL ELECTION on November 8, 2022
(Ballots will be mailed to all voters on October 10, 2022)
1) Liz Campos - Ventura City Council, District 1
2) Jeannette Sanchez-Palacios - Ventura City Council, District 4
3) Marie Lakin - Ventura City Council, District 5
4) Danny Carrillo - Ventura City Council, District 6
5) James Forsythe - Ventura Unified School District, Area 1
6) Calvin Peterson - Ventura Unified School District, Area 5
7) Rachel Ulrich - Ventura County Board of Education, Area 1
8) Joshua Chancer - Ventura County Community College District Board, Area 1
9) Claudia Bill-de la Pena - County Board Supervisor, 2nd District
LOCAL BALLOT MEASURE "E" - SUPPORT:
School bond for the Ventura Unified School District to repair/replace leaky roofs; make health, safety and security improvements; and construct, modernize, renovate classrooms, restrooms and school facilities. Cost to homeowners is $60 per $100,000 assessed property value (not market value). Includes annual audits and independent citizens’ oversight committee. NO money for salaries and no money taken by the State. For more information, click here.
1) US CONGRESS, 24th District - Salud Carbajal
2) US CONGRESS, 26th District - Julia Brownley
1) GOVERNOR - Gavin Newsom
2) LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR - Elena Kounalakis
3) SECRETARY OF STATE - Shirley Weber
4) STATE TREASURER - Fiona Ma
5) STATE CONTROLLER - Malia Cohen
6) ATTORNEY GENERAL - Rob Bonta
7) US SENATE - Alex Padilla
8) STATE ASSEMBLY - 37th District - Steve Bennett
CALIFORNIA DEMOCRATIC PARTY POSITION ON STATEWIDE BALLOT MEASURES:
Proposition 1: SUPPORT. Prohibits the state from denying or interfering with an individual’s reproductive freedom.
Proposition 26: NEUTRAL. Authorizes new types of gambling.
Proposition 27: OPPOSE. Allows online and mobile sports wagering.
Proposition 28: SUPPORT. Provides additional funding for arts and music education in public schools.
Proposition 29: SUPPORT. Requires on-site licensed medical professional at kidney dialysis clinics and establishes other state requirements.
Proposition 30: SUPPORT. Provides funding for programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by increasing tax on personal income over $2 million.
Proposition 31: SUPPORT. Referendum challenging a 2020 law prohibiting retail sale of certain flavored tobacco products.
Contact Ventura Club's Endorsement Committee Chair Janis Nelson at Janis.Nelson76@yahoo.com